Nota wydawnicza (Del Rey, 2017)
Experience Star Wars: A New Hope from a whole new point of view.
On May 25, 1977, the world was introduced to Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, and a galaxy full of possibilities. In honor of the fortieth anniversary, more than forty contributors lend their vision to this retelling of Star Wars. Each of the forty short stories reimagines a moment from the original film, but through the eyes of a supporting character. From a Certain Point of View features contributions by bestselling authors, trendsetting artists, and treasured voices from the literary history of Star Wars:
• Gary Whitta bridges the gap from Rogue One to A New Hope through the eyes of Captain Antilles.
• Aunt Beru finds her voice in an intimate character study by Meg Cabot.
• Nnedi Okorofor brings dignity and depth to a most unlikely character: the monster in the trash compactor.
• Pablo Hidalgo provides a chilling glimpse inside the mind of Grand Moff Tarkin.
• Pierce Brown chronicles Biggs Darklighter’s final flight during the Rebellion’s harrowing attack on the Death Star.
• Wil Wheaton spins a poignant tale of the rebels left behind on Yavin.
Plus thirty-four more hilarious, heartbreaking, and astonishing tales from:
Ben Acker • Renée Ahdieh • Tom Angleberger • Ben Blacker • Jeffrey Brown • Rae Carson • Adam Christopher • Zoraida Córdova • Delilah S. Dawson • Kelly Sue DeConnick • Paul Dini • Ian Doescher • Ashley Eckstein • Matt Fraction • Alexander Freed • Jason Fry • Kieron Gillen • Christie Golden • Claudia Gray • E. K. Johnston • Paul S. Kemp • Mur Lafferty • Ken Liu • Griffin McElroy • John Jackson Miller • Daniel José Older • Mallory Ortberg • Beth Revis • Madeleine Roux • Greg Rucka • Gary D. Schmidt • Cavan Scott • Charles Soule • Sabaa Tahir • Elizabeth Wein • Glen Weldon • Chuck Wendig
All participating authors have generously forgone any compensation for their stories. Instead, their proceeds will be donated to First Book—a leading nonprofit that provides new books, learning materials, and other essentials to educators and organizations serving children in need. To further celebrate the launch of this book and both companies’ longstanding relationships with First Book, Penguin Random House has donated $100,000 to First Book, and Disney/Lucasfilm has donated 100,000 children’s books—valued at $1,000,000—to support First Book and their mission of providing equal access to quality education. Over the past sixteen years, Disney and Penguin Random House combined have donated more than eighty-eight million books to First Book.
- Raymus - Gary Whitta
- The Bucket - Christie Golden
- The Sith of Datawork - Ken Liu
- Bump - Ben Acker i Ben Blacker
- The Luckless Rodian - Renée Ahdieh
- Whills - Tom Angleberger
- Far Too Remote - Jeffrey Brown
- Desert Son - Pierce Brown
- Beru Whitesun Lars - Meg Cabot
- The Red One - Rae Carson
- End of Watch - Adam Christopher
- You Owe Me a Ride - Zoraida Córdova
- The Secrets of Long Snoot - Delilah S. Dawson
- The Kloo Horn Cantina Caper - Kelly Sue DeConnick i Matt Fraction
- Added Muscle - Paul Dini
- Palpatine - Ian Doescher
- Contingency Plan - Alexander Freed
- Duty Roster - Jason Fry
- The Trigger - Kieron Gillen
- Master and Apprentice - Claudia Gray
- Verge of Greatness - Pablo Hidalgo
- By Whatever Sun - E. K. Johnston i Ashley Eckstein
- Sparks - Paul S. Kemp
- Not for Nothing - Mur Lafferty
- Stories in the Sand - Griffin McElroy
- Rites - John Jackson Miller
- The Baptist - Nnedi Okorafor
- Born in the Storm - Daniel José Older
- An Incident Report - Mallory Ortberg
- Fully Operational - Beth Revis
- Eclipse - Madeleine Roux
- Grounded - Greg Rucka
- There is Another - Gary D. Schmidt
- Time of Death - Cavan Scott
- The Angle - Charles Soule
- Reirin - Sabaa Tahir
- Change of Heart - Elizabeth Wein
- Of MSE-6 and Men - Glen Weldon
- We Don't Serve Their Kind Here - Chuck Wendig
- Laina - Wil Wheaton
Aby wystawić ocenę musisz się zalogować